Preparation time: approx. 2 hours
Ingredients (for 6-8 servings)
- 2 poularden (1.2 kg each)
- 1 bunch of birch trees
- 5 black peppercorns
- 90 g soft butter
- 60 g of flour
- 1/4 l white wine
- 500 g of small, beautiful mushrooms
- 100 g of cream
- Pepper (mill)
- Nutmeg (freshly grated)
- 1 bunch of parsley
- Wash poultry, place in a large saucepan. Wash greens, peel if necessary, chop.
- Give vegetables to the poulards. Add enough water to cover the ingredients. Add 1 tbsp salt and peppercorns , bring to a boil. Then simmer over low heat for about 1 1/4 hours. Remove rising foam.
- Knead 60 g of butter with the flour, wrapped in foil and place in a cold place.
- Remove poularden, allow to cool slightly. Strain the broth, measure 2 l, put it back in the pot. Add wine, let it boil down to approx. 1.5 l.
- Clean mushrooms, halve if necessary. Fry for about 3 minutes in 30 g of hot butter. Remove meat from the bones, breaking into pieces that are not too small. Remove skin.
- Pour the cream into the broth, bring to the boil. Stir in flour butter piecewise with the whisk and lightly bind the broth. Cook with stirring for about 5 minutes, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add meat and mushrooms, reheat. Serve with rice with chopped parsley.