Do you fancy getting French cuisine?? Discover our recipes for Croque Monsieur with onion soup , delicious sweet cream caramel or hearty Boeuf Bourgignon .
Eclairs with coffee mousse
Ingredients for the dough:
- 8 eggs
- 100 g of butter
- 200 g of flour
- 200 ml of milk
- 200 ml of water
- pinch of salt
Ingredients for the filling:
- 500 g dark chocolate
- 3 egg whites
- 300 g mascarpone
- 150 ml of espresso
- 120 g of powdered sugar
- 50 g of dark couverture
Preparation of eclairs:
- Put milk, water, salt and butter in a saucepan and heat everything until it is simmering. Then you should completely add the previously sieved flour and stir well with a wooden spoon.
- The dough will initially appear crumbly and eventually become a solid mass upon thorough stirring. Knead the dough ball with the spoon until it is compact. That takes about a minute.
- The best way to recognize that the dough is ready when the pot bottom has formed a whitish film. Then take the pot off the stove.
- The dough should be allowed to cool in a clean bowl for about five minutes. Then the eggs have to be gradually added to the dough. After each egg you should stir the dough with a wooden spoon until it is smooth again. The whole process takes a few minutes, but your dough will be very fine.
- Fill the finished brandy dough into a piping bag that you have provided with a large star spout. You can now spray uniform dough strands onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Make sure that you leave plenty of space between the strands, as the eclairs rise strongly during baking.
- Then push the tin into the preheated oven (200 degrees) and put a cup of water on a tray that you place at the bottom of the oven. The eclairs have to bake for about 20 minutes. Do not open the oven door in between and bake the dough pieces until they are evenly brown, otherwise they will become sticky.
- The eclairs should cool after baking.
Preparation of the coffee mousse:
- First melt the chocolate over a water bath and then let it cool a little.
- Put the mascarpone, espresso and sifted powdered sugar in a bowl and whisk together the ingredients thoroughly. Then the melted chocolate is lifted.
- In a clean bowl, the egg whites must be beaten stiff. Carefully lift the egg white gradually under the cream.
- Once the mousse is fluffy and even, you can place it in a large piping bag with a long filling spout. Insert the grommet into the eclairs and push in the mousse. Make sure that the mousse in the bag is not unnecessarily massaged and moved, otherwise it will not remain fluffy.
- The eclairs should now rest for about an hour in the refrigerator. After the rest, melt the couverture over a water bath and let it trickle over the eclairs with a spoon.