Ingredients for 4 servings
For the meat
- 400-500 g pork fillet (same thickness)
- 150 g of palm sugar
- 125 ml of red wine vinegar
For the salad
- 2 mangos (best green mangos, asia shop)
- 200 g of bean sprouts
- 1 bunch or pot Thai basil (alternatively basil)
- about 1/2 bunch of mint
- about 30 g of whole grain rice (puffed, unsweetened, health food store)
For the dressing
- 1 small red chilli pepper (pitted, finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime (about 4 tablespoons)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- Wash the fillet, pat dry. Heat palm sugar and 125 ml of water in a saucepan. Stir in a syrupy sauce while stirring until the sugar is caramelized. Remove from the heat, deglaze with vinegar and allow to cool completely.
- Fillet in a bowl, pour marinade over it. Cover it overnight (12 hours). Or marinate in the freezer bag.
- Put pork tenderloin with marinade in a saucepan and cover, cook over low heat for about 15 minutes. Cooling down.
- Cut mango halves on the right and left along the stone. Peel halves, cut flesh into strips. Wash bean sprouts, dab dry. Peel basil and mint leaves.
- Stir dressing ingredients, season to taste. Mix with the prepared ingredients in a bowl, season to taste. Cut the filet into thin slices, fold in gently. Serve portioned with popped rice.