Cakes do not always have to be strawberries or fondant – in our recipe, potatoes and apples are a hearty pair that you can enjoy.
Ingredients for the dough:
- 300 g of flour
- 100 ml of milk
- 1 yeast cube
- 2 tablespoons butter
- pinch of sugar
Ingredients for the topping:
- 600 g of potatoes
- 100 ml sour cream
- 100 ml crème fraîche
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion
- 1 apple
- 150 g of feta
- 50 g of flour
- 50 g of butter
- Crumble the yeast cube into a bowl and add the lukewarm milk. Dissolve the yeast in this way. Meanwhile, melt the butter.
- Then sift the flour to the milk and add salt and sugar. Gradually stir in the liquid butter.
- Knead the ingredients until a smooth dough has formed. Cover this in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- Knead the dough once more and press it flat on a sheet of baking paper. The dough sheet should be as evenly thick as possible. Let the dough go in this form again for 30 minutes.
- Peel the potatoes and slice them. Put the potatoes in a large bowl and mix first with the butter and finally with the sour cream, the crème fraîche and the eggs. Then the flour can be sifted in and topped with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- The potato mass should now be evenly distributed on the dough.
- Peel the onion and cut into fine rings, which you distribute on the potato layer. The apple is also peeled, gutted, cut into fine slices and also distributed on the potato cake.
- At 180 degrees, the potato cake has to bake for about 45 minutes.
- About 15 minutes before the end of the baking time, crumble the feta over the cake so that it does not burn too long.