Let yourself be enchanted by the many different bacon-making options and try the French specialty Boeuf Bourgignon , a juicy leg of lamb or an unbeatable combination of sweet and salty in the form of bacon baked apples . Our salad fans will not want to miss the corn salad with bacon !
Saxon onion meat
Preparation time: 30 minutes, 2 hours 50 minutes cooking time
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 1.5 kg cured pig’s thigh
- 100 g carrots
- 100 g parsley root 300-400 g onions
- 2 cloves
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- some dried bay leaves
- 60 g lard
- 2 Msp. Caraway seeds
- 1 drop of oil
- 1 tbsp breadcrumbs
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cover swine in a saucepan with water.
- Roughly cut carrots and parsley root. Peel onions. Put the cloves in an onion. Add carrots, parsley root and spiked onion with peppercorns and bay leaves to the cheese. Bring to the boil, put the lid on halfway and cook gently over low heat for 2-2 1/2 hours. Remove the meat and pour the broth through a sieve.
- Slice the remaining onions. Heat the lard in a pan and fry the onions brightly (never darken). Stir 250 ml from the broth and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the cumin as a small pile on the work surface, sprinkle the oil and chop the cumin with a large kitchen knife (the oil prevents the crawling of the caraway). Add the breadcrumbs to the sauce and season with salt, pepper, cumin and sugar.
- Bone the bones and remove the thick layer of fat from the lean meat. Divide the meat into large pieces and serve in the sauce.
It goes well with potato dumplings or mashed potatoes .